System Engineer (internship)
Our cloud team is currently looking for an intern that wants to strenghten their team!
Are you the one we're looking for?
Already eager to work with us?Click here to fill in an application form
Your role at A.C.A.
During an internship as a System Engineer in our cloud team (Hasselt) you will learn a lot!
The assignment: Automatic Updates Kubernetes Cluster
In this assignment we are looking for an approach to automatically update our Kubernetes clusters. That means: the cluster and underlying OS Updates.
The progress and status of each cluster should be clearly displayed. Depending on the applications running within the cluster, various health checks will need to be in place to validate availability. This requires close cooperation with our team as well as the various development teams at ACA.
During your intership, you will get to know various other popular applications besides Kubernetes at a very fast pace such as ElasticSearch, Kafka, Zookeeper, and many more.
If you want to gain knowledge of Kubernetes and trending applications together with a lot of driven colleagues, this is your chance! ;-)
The goal of this assignment is to do research but also to eventually implement a working application in our production environment / processes.
- Get to know and understanding the problem domain,
- develop, implement and testing the assignment,
- get acquainted with the business world and gain relevant experience,
- learn to work together and communicate in a group to bring the project to a successful end,
- get to know our lean/agile way of working (XP, Kanban, Pair Programming),
- learning about and deepening the various technologies.
- Amazon Web Services
- Atlassian Jira en Confluence
Different methods for updating server infrastructure and Kubernetes clusters.
Do you have what it takes?
- You are preferably a bachelor or master student Applied Informatics (systems and network management).
- Communication skills are crucial. Our teams communicate and share their knowledge in Dutch and English.
- You have a strong analytical mindset and a passion to find the solution for that one specific problem.
- You are passionate about everything that has to do with cloud & infrastructure, but that's a sure thing!
- You are a teamplayer, who likes to work independently as well.
- You have a proactive mindset and know how to get things done.
- You are eager to learn.
Our application process
From candidate to colleague: this framework will give you a general idea of the different steps in our interview process.