Software Developer (internship)
Want to be part of a driven team, and work on a real customer project?
Then you should apply and become our new intern!
Already eager to work with us?Click here to fill in an application form
Your role at A.C.A.
During your internship at ACA Hasselt you will learn a lot from our team members!
At the start of your internship, we will determine together a project you will work based on the needs of ACA and your ambitions. The ideal internship period is 8 weeks. If this internship period is going great for both parties, you can do a holiday job as well at ACA.
We don't just put our interns in a corner. You will work as a full team member on a real customer project within a driven team of developers and business analysts.
After a short familiarization period in which you'll get to know the technologies and platforms (Angular Maven, Java 11, Git, Docker, Spring, Jenkins, ... ) that are used in the team, you will be able to start with the daily development process .
After this period, you will participate in the development of functionalities of a customer project. Of course you'll do this together with a senior or medior developer. Within ACA we believe in the agile methodology, because it ensures that you can realize a lot in a short term.
You are part of a team that sets up projects for different clients. The project you'll work in, will be elaborated, will only be determined at the beginning of the phase and will carry out the implementation at that time.
During your internship, you'll be part of a real project and take on the role of software developer. You are responsible for programming the functionalities described by an analyst. The design and development will be worked out in collaboration with the team.
The objectives of this internship can be divided into goals related to the internship assignment and goals related to the training.
Objectives related to the internship assignment:
- Understanding the problem domain
- Develop, implement, test, debug of the written functionality
Objectives related to the education
- Get acquainted with the business world and gain relevant experience.
- Learning to work together and communicating in a group to bring the project to a successful end.
- Become acquainted with different methodologies used within the business world and how they are applied concretely in a business context.
- Learning different technologies.
- Agile & Lean
- methodologies like Scrum, Kanban, Scrumban, XP & TDD
Do you have what it takes?
- You have a strong interest in java development.
- You are preferably a bachelor or master student Computer Science.
- Communication skills are crucial. Our teams communicate and share their knowledge in Dutch and English.
- You have a strong analytical mindset and a passion to find the solution for that one specific problem.
- You are passionate about everything that has to do with IT & software, but that's a sure thing!
- You are a teamplayer, who likes to work independently as well.
- You have a proactive mindset and know how to get things done.
- You are eager to learn.
Our application process
From candidate to colleague: this framework will give you a general idea of the different steps in our interview process.