Principal Data Scientist
Our Innovation team is looking for a passionate senior Data Scientist to help us expand their team. Let’s grow together proud!
Could this be you?
Already eager to work with us?Fill in application form
Your role at ACA
ACA’s Innovation Lab is our new business concept. It's an incubator and accelerator for promising ideas to grow into validated business concepts. The Innovation team has 🚀 in 2020. We are currently working on a challenging machine vision project with great potential to change the way EU companies look at their waste. The project is entering the next phase in which we are building a ‘smart box’. The only thing is… we need a Data Scientist who helps us to define how “smart” it should be, evaluate how smart it could be and helps the team to move from design to prototype into production. We’re talking transfer learning, data fusion, material awareness, new green deal, prototyping, predictive models, custom analysis, etc.
Challenges will be plenty. We are still a small team, we want you to help us to expand our expert skills while working in close collaboration with your teammates and external experts on our projects.
How we work (together)
Because we are a new team, we don’t have a ‘business-as-usual’ process, but work in a constantly changing environment. It’s kind of like working in a start-up environment. But then with more job security. 😉 ACA invests a substantial part of its profits in the “ACA Innovation Lab”, so that there is the opportunity to test new ideas and technologies for our customers and internal teams.
At ACA we have opted for a proactive approach to stimulate AI and Machine Learning innovation at our customers. This has given us the opportunity to work with our customers and develop a number of new solutions with AI and Machine Learning at the core.
Do you have what it takes?
- At least 3 years of relevant hands-on data science experience.
- Experience in assisting new projects to prove their feasibility or in an early stage start-up
- A good knowledge of English or Dutch.
- Business acumen, a solid background in mathematics and statistics as well as good hacking skills.
- Experience working in a test-driven development and Agile environment.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to change priorities in a dynamic working environment.
- You are a team player.
Our application process
From candidate to colleague: this framework will give you a general idea of the different steps in our interview process.
What's working at ACA like?
- We’ve got your backWe provide an elaborated health and insurance plan to cover your needs. It’s our priority to keep our employees as happy as possible. We do this by providing a good work-life balance, providing the right tools, and so on.
- Our unique company cultureYou’ll be part of a passionate and hardworking team that is proud of their realizations. ACA is a place with teamwork, openness, knowledge sharing and peer recognition as key values.
What we've been up to lately
- How to add functionality to Kubernetes with Operators
One of the possible ways to add functionalities to Kubernetes is using 'Operators'. In this blog post, we'll briefly explain what Operators are and how they work!
- A user-friendly city app for every Hasselt resident – Stad Hasselt
The UX of the app of the city of Hasselt has been improved thanks to our expert review. After some workshops, user interviews and user testing, we formulated actionable advice in a complete UX report.
Are you our next Principal Data Scientist?Fill in application form
... Or do you know someone who could be?
Share this career opportunity and let them know!