Junior Java Developer
Do you have a passion for innovation, difficult technical challenges & a desire to develop (yourself) within a deeply Agile environment?
Then you might be the perfect match for our development teams!
Already eager to work with us?Fill in application form
Your role at ACA
As a Java Developer, you will be building customised solutions for our clients based on the latest technologies. You will build complex systems of absolute top-notch quality with flawless integration into our clients’ environments.
Of course, you are not alone: a close team of professionals welcome you in their ranks, sharing their knowledge through pair programming, brown bag sessions and special interest guilds, among other things. Together with your team, you will make sure that you, your team and the client are rightfully proud of the result.
You will find our culture exceptionally open and unique, built on professional fortitude, knowledge sharing, appreciation for each other and a refined Agile methodology. You will gain experience in different business units (pods), exposing you to a wide spectrum of expertise with the complete freedom to determine your own path and direction of growth.
Do you have what it takes?
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science.
- You're passionate about Java Development
- Communication skills are a must: you can express yourself well both in Dutch and English.
- Some knowledge of or experience with Angular or Spring is considered a plus
- Innovation and change don't scare you. By always using the latest tools and technologies, you can develop highly scalable and reliable applications.
- You are not only a team player, but also like to join events that bring us all together. From team sports to after work drinks: you know what fun is. 😉
- You have an analytical mindset.
- You want to work in a no-nonsense culture, with plenty of room for personal growth and initiatives.
- You will work in one of our offices (Hasselt or Ghent) or from home, but are also flexible to commute to our clients in Flanders.
Our application process
From candidate to colleague: this framework will give you a general idea of the different steps in our interview process.
What's working at ACA like?
- We’ve got your backWe provide an elaborated health and insurance plan to cover your needs. It’s our priority to keep our employees as happy as possible. We do this by providing a good work-life balance, providing the right tools, and so on.
- Our unique company cultureYou’ll be part of a passionate and hardworking team that is proud of their realizations. ACA is a place with teamwork, openness, knowledge sharing and peer recognition as key values.
What we've been up to lately
- A user-friendly city app for every Hasselt resident – Stad Hasselt
The UX of the app of the city of Hasselt has been improved thanks to our expert review. After some workshops, user interviews and user testing, we formulated actionable advice in a complete UX report.
- A flexible and reliable cloud solution for Liantis
For our client Liantis, we migrated their on-premise Atlassian tools to AWS cloud. Using Kubernetes, we were able to guarantee automatic scaling with over 99.9% availability!
- Applying Data Mesh principles to an IoT data architecture
This blog post shows how a data mesh approach avoids an unmaintainable monolithic data platform by explaining what data mesh is, its principles and applying it to an IoT data case as an example.
Are you our next Junior Java Developer ?Fill in application form
... Or do you know someone who could be?
Share this career opportunity and let them know!