Java Developer Ghent
Do you have a passion for innovation, difficult technical challenges & a desire to develop (yourself) within a deeply Agile environment?
Then you might be the perfect match for our development teams!
Already eager to work with us?Fill in application form
Your role at ACA
As a Java Developer, you will be building customised solutions for our clients based on the latest technologies. You will build complex systems of absolute top-notch quality with flawless integration into our clients’ environments.
Of course, you are not alone: a close team of professionals welcome you in their ranks, sharing their knowledge through pair programming, brown bag sessions and special interest guilds, among other things. Together with your team, you will make sure that you, your team and the client are rightfully proud of the result.
You will find our culture exceptionally open and unique, built on professional fortitude, knowledge sharing, appreciation for each other and a refined Agile methodology. You will gain experience in different business units (pods), exposing you to a wide spectrum of expertise with the complete freedom to determine your own path and direction of growth.
Environmental awareness is one of our top priorities. In addition, we place great value in teamwork and a good atmosphere at work. That is why we take the whole lot out for a company weekend every year. And that is not all: we conduct internal meetings, team events and more, to get our colleagues together in a fun context.
Have we sparked your interest? You will be working from our offoce in Ghent or from your home office, but you are also flexible to commute to our clients in Brussels and Flanders. This opportunity is also open to freelancers.
Do you have what it takes?
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science.
- A deep understanding of Java.
- Communication skills are a must: you can express yourself well both in Dutch and English.
- Some knowledge of or experience with Angular or Spring is considered a plus.
Got more to offer? These skills are considered a plus:
- Docker, Kubernetes
- Transparent Persistency (JPA, Hibernate, …)
- Algemeen concept van Security
- OSGi, Felix
- Domain Driven Design (DDD)
- Continuous Integration (Maven, Git, Jenkins)
- Extreme Programming
- Test Driven Development (TDD)
- You are a team player: together with a team of developers, architects, business analysts and project managers, you deliberate and communicate, think, collaborate and deliver high-quality software solutions to our clients.
- You possess an analytical mind, a critical eye and a knack for quality.
- Innovation and change do not frighten you. Using the latest tools and technologies, you are able to develop highly scalable and reliable applications.
- You have a knack for seeing things from the client’s perspective and no concerns about visiting them if necessary. Your flexibility in terms of travel is rewarded with flexible hours and the ability to work from home on occasion.
Our application process
From candidate to colleague: this framework will give you a general idea of the different steps in our interview process.
What's working at ACA like?
- We’ve got your backWe provide an elaborated health and insurance plan to cover your needs. It’s our priority to keep our employees as happy as possible. We do this by providing a good work-life balance, providing the right tools, and so on.
- Our unique company cultureYou’ll be part of a passionate and hardworking team that is proud of their realizations. ACA is a place with teamwork, openness, knowledge sharing and peer recognition as key values.
What we've been up to lately
- Robbe & Shane strengthen ACA team with expertise in web scrapers
Team members Shane and Robbe share their knowledge about webscraper.
- Mobile-first web app maps out asbestos for OVAM
For OVAM, we developed an innovative mobile-first application that also works offline.
Are you our next Java Developer Ghent?Fill in application form
... Or do you know someone who could be?
Share this career opportunity and let them know!
Want to contact the recruiter?
Jana is ready to help