Data Analyst (intern)
Internship assignment: HR Analytics Dashboard
You will learn a lot during an internship as a Data Analyst in our DataDots team in Hasselt!
Already eager to work with us?Fill in application form
Your role at ACA
As a data team, we are also responsible for internal reporting at ACA. This is continuously expanded with new features and elements. We are looking for a motivated intern who can develop a human resource dashboard and add it to this reporting.
We want to include a number of KPIs in this dashboard, such as:
- See at a glance how well our employees are doing
- Better follow up of employees
- Always be aware of the level of knowledge
- Know how far each colleague came with his/her personal goals
- Possibilities to apply more advanced analytics to the data, such as:
- Sentiment analysis on evaluation reports
- Calculate commuting distances
The intern will join an experienced and driven team of data experts!
Internship progress & goals
The HR analytics internship assignment will take place in different phases:
- Phase 1: the discovery phase. You set up workshops / conversations with the various colleagues to collect requirements.
- Phase 2: Studying and choosing the architecture of the dashboard and the way the data is collected.
- Phase 3: Analysis phase in which you map out different aspects:
- Which KPIs are useful?
- How do you best display the available data?
- Which data sources are there and which can possibly be administered?
- Phase 4: Setting up the architecture and developing the various reports and dashboards
- Phase 5: Evaluation phase in which insights are tested with the relevant stakeholders
Because the internship is divided into different phases, you will come into contact with many different aspects and you will learn a lot in a short time. You will learn to work independently (but always with sufficient guidance 😉) and take your first steps in the world of business intelligence.
You will also get to know different tools and technologies in a short time and you will build a full dashboard for our HR team together with your team members. This gives the well-being of our ACA team members an extra boost!
Do you have what it takes?
- You study Policy Informatics.
- You speak Dutch fluently and can also communicate in English.
- You are accurate in handling data and have a strong analytical mind.
- You have a passion for data and business intelligence, and would like to delve further into this.
- You are eager to learn and looking forward to discovering new technologies.
- You are a team player who also likes to work independently.
- You have a proactive mindset and know how to get things done.
- You are eager to learn.
Our application process
From candidate to colleague: this framework will give you a general idea of the different steps in our interview process.
What's working at ACA like?
- We’ve got your backWe provide an elaborated health and insurance plan to cover your needs. It’s our priority to keep our employees as happy as possible. We do this by providing a good work-life balance, providing the right tools, and so on.
- Our unique company cultureYou’ll be part of a passionate and hardworking team that is proud of their realizations. ACA is a place with teamwork, openness, knowledge sharing and peer recognition as key values.
What we've been up to lately
- A user-friendly city app for every Hasselt resident – Stad Hasselt
The UX of the app of the city of Hasselt has been improved thanks to our expert review. After some workshops, user interviews and user testing, we formulated actionable advice in a complete UX report.
- A flexible and reliable cloud solution for Liantis
For our client Liantis, we migrated their on-premise Atlassian tools to AWS cloud. Using Kubernetes, we were able to guarantee automatic scaling with over 99.9% availability!
- Applying Data Mesh principles to an IoT data architecture
This blog post shows how a data mesh approach avoids an unmaintainable monolithic data platform by explaining what data mesh is, its principles and applying it to an IoT data case as an example.
Are you our next Data Analyst (intern)?Fill in application form
... Or do you know someone who could be?
Share this career opportunity and let them know!